K7of9

K7of9

Wednesday 1 September 2010

K9, New bumpers



My new black rubber bumpers have arrived and have now been fitted replacing the grey pipe lagging ones. Interestingly the old grey ones even though they looked a bit amature where much stronger than the new ones fitted. I have been assured though by poeple in the konw that the black foam rubber bumpers are much more authentic and what was fitted to the first K9 many years ago, they certainly look the part. Time will tell if the softer material is up to constant weekend events.They were certainly easier to fit than the polythene bases ones due to the fact that they do not melt when using a hot glue gun to fix them.
K9 has also go his new ear servo which will allow a 360 degree movement. I can still move the ears left and right just like the orginal but I now have the option to let them rotate at any speed left or right, great for when I need more than two hands on the remote. It is hard to see from the pictures but the water spray system from the eye sucker has been modifed to produce a spray of water rather than a water jet.
Then next bit of work I need to do will be to have a go at collapsible ears. I want to keep the same original look but I need ears that will deflect and spring back into position when knocked. At a couple of events now people have accidentaly knocked the ears off when stroking K9, so this is an urgent update, not sure how I am going to do this though.

No comments:

Post a Comment